Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Creative ways to reuse your makeup!

Hey lovelies. I know we all have some eyeshadow, lipstick or mascara which is a regretful purchase, sitting at the bottom of our makeup drawer. We simply do not toss it away thinking that we will reuse it later but lets admit it WE DONOT use it and probably never will. So what's the solution? Shall we throw it away or are there any creative ways to use them. This post is just about that! Read on..

 1. Eyeshadows:
I have so many eyeshadow colors which I never use and may be dont even look at! But I decided to reuse them instead of throwing them away. Here is what I do: I take the eyeshadow which I wont be using any more and crush it into powder form. I take a small container and put vaseline into it and mix the eyeshadow and the Vaseline well. This will create a gel liner for your eyes. I had a green eyeshadow to which I crushed and mixed Vaseline and the result was a gorgeous green gel eyeliner which I use quite often. I am happy that I did not put it in the bin and made good use of it!
NOTE: If your eyeshadow begins to loose its pigmentation, then DONOT use it and toss it away!
Plus you also want to make sure that the container in which you put Vaseline should be clean and dry!

2. Mascara:
 Mascara is one product which does not have a very long shelf life. You need to throw them after every 4 to 6 months. But the good news is that you can still recycle your mascara brush but only after it has been washed well. You can use a mascara brush to:
  • Brush your eyebrows for a groomed look.
  • You can also clean jewellery with the help of this small brush.
  •  You can put Vaseline on mascara brush and apply it on your lashes to make them grow longer!
    3. Lipsticks:
I have a whole lot of lipsticks which I use no longer and dont even intend to. They are just occupying space in my makeup bag. But as they are expensive I dont even feel like throwing them away. Here is an innovative way to reuse them. If you have an old lipstick that is about to finish, just scoop out the left over product in a small microwavable container and put it in the microwave for 5 seconds. After it is melted mix it with new and different colors to create exciting fun shades. If you want a glossy texture simply mix it with Vaseline and use a lip brush to apply. This is how you can reuse old lipsticks.
Now mix it with Vaseline..
..
These were some fun and easy ways to recycle your old makeup! I hope you guys enjoyed it. If there is anything you want to ask just let me know by commenting in the comment section below. 
Love
Shikha

No comments:

Post a Comment